Research Industry Symposium Presentations: 19 November 2015
Australia's Future Grid: Planning for Change and Choice
Thursday, 19 November 2015
11:30 A:M - 4:45 P:M
New Law School Building
Lecture Theatre 106
Eastern Avenue, Camperdown Campus
University of Sydney NSW 2006
(Lunch and post-event networking refreshments provided)
The Future Grid Cluster held a third Research-Industry Symposium at the University of Sydney. Researchers and speakers from the energy industry and government presented on a range of issues affecting the development of Australia's electricity and gas transmission networks. Please find the presentations below:
The main aims of the symposium are:
- to present key themes from the Future Grid Cluster's research work to date and discuss topics being addressed in the work
- for participants to share insights and understanding of the issues arising out of the work, and the challenges and opportunites ahead
- to provide opportunity for interaction and networking.
The Symposium program includes panel discussions and presentations by speakers from the Future Grid Cluster research teams, as well as industry speakers.
- Fereidoon Sioshansi, Menlo Energy Economics, San Francisco
- Stuart Slack, AEMC
- Mark Paterson, CSIRO
- Tim Nelson, AGL Energy
- Robust energy policy frameworks for investment into future grids
- Economic and Investment Models for Future Grids
- Grid Planning and Co-optimisation
- Power and Energy Systems Modelling and Security
Registration enquiries to Tina Lomas: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0438 496 638.
For more information on the program please contact:
John Blik (Cluster Project Manager): email@example.com or 0400 851 204.
Professor Anthony Vassallo, University of Sydney (Cluster Leader): firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9351 6740.